NO CCTV - How to make your own camerahead
[ These instructions may be downloaded as a PDF here ]
MAKE YOUR OWN `CAMERA HEAD'
1. A large piece of corrugated cardboard / extra large cardboard box (to make outer camera shape):
Size: Between 2ft (60cm) and 2.5 ft (66cm) in length and 10-11 inches (26-28cm) in width. Mark lines with a pen for the front sloping angles (indicated in red). It's easier to mark and cut the front shape in 3D, once the box is assembled and you can see the intended shape.
2. Second piece of cardboard, to make the inside tube (head fits inside, holds mask firmly on head):
Roll the piece above into a tube to fit around the head. Use folding tabs to secure in place to the top (inside) and bottom (outside) the `camera' box. Then cut a viewing hole in the front of the tube for your face.(folding tabs not depicted).
3. Third (smaller) piece of card to cover and close off the back end of the box:
20-24 cm x 20-24 cm
(Glue or tape in place over hole in back end).
- Sellotape/Scotch tape/parcel tape/Duct tape/ gaffer tape;
- White plastic sheeting (available from Craft/hobby shops or indoor horticulture shops). Or white paint;
- A small tin or spray can of matt black paint (or black plastic bags/ bin liners, paper, card or fabric instead if you have no paint);
- Scissors, ruler, marker pen. (Mark folds and cuts and draw lines along side of finished mask with black marker pen).
When you've make the cardboard camera mask, you'll need to decorate it. Paint the inside front part with black paint. Wrap the outside with the white plastic sheeting stuck down with tape. Draw black lines along the side as shown.
To further hide your face from view (whilst maintaining the ability to see) place a black nylon stocking/pair of ladies tights over your head.
It should look something like this: